WELCOME TO 4 AND 20 SPARROWS! IT IS A BIT OF BLOGGING GOODNESS JUST FOR YOU...FILLED WITH THE RIDICULOUSNESS OF LIFE, MY RANDOM MUSINGS AND THE KNOWLEDGE THAT GOD IS ALWAYS GOOD! COME IN AND ENJOY!

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Part II: Mucal-Invaders--Sky Blue and Black

    Oh my….It is 12:02 p.m. It is late and I am up; working to breathe out of alternating nostrils and coughing up, what I can only assume, are chunks of lung….But maybe not even my own. Maybe I have coughed so much that I have actually activated the original person’s DNA that gave me this nasty, shopping-cart-licking mucal-invader. Do you think we get a bit of that person’s DNA with the virus?  I mean think about it; I bet we get a trace of DNA from the last person or animal the mosquito bit before it bit us. So why not a smidge of the snot-blowing, virus-flinging typhoid Mary’s DNA? If that scares you then just put it right out of your mind.
    Now, I cannot go to bed and lie there barking like a seal until my husband has to smother me with my own pillow. And, what did I used to do when this happened? Well, I read (which I still do. I am not a complete Gomer.) or I did puzzles; maybe Sudoku or crosswords…..then *ominous music* I got my laptop!
    It’s too late for me now. I am addicted to blogging, FB and Mahjong. I cannot help it. I live in a snow filled crack. So I sit here lapping up all the technology I can get, which is not much, but I am enjoying my MP3 player as well. Most of my music is happy. I mean I programmed it! But then I forget that sometimes I put some sad ones on there too. Like right now I am enjoying “Mr. Orson Brawl” by 100 Monkeys. (Excellent indie band).But earlier I listened to “Sky Blue and Black” by Jackson Browne. Oh that song is so haunting. Not sad exactly, but when you are a bit under the weather it clutches at you. It is in your soul and your spirit somewhere that it affects you, but probably closest to your spleen.
    See, some people think your spirit is located in one place in your body, I think your mind is the seat of the soul which is your personality, your likes and dislikes your adoration of certain people and your aversion to broccoli, whether you hate math or love to read Tolstoy... I mean, think about it, the mind and the brain are two very different things. You can change your mind, but you can't change your brain. But I think your spirit utterly infuses every part of you, I think it is in every corner of you, every cell, every hair and every finger! When you die and it leaves, it flies out of every cell in your body. When your soul and spirit (they are a package deal) go we cannot imagine all they take with them. Every bit of the essence that is ‘you’ is in there. Everything that makes you laugh or cry, makes you happy or sad, your personality, everything flies away…….But that is just a theory, try not to think about it.     
     Oh, dang! Pffft! My MP3 just died. Well that certainly makes the cheese more binding, and the night quieter. But that is not a bad thing either. Silence is a beautiful thing. I don’t hear a lot of it these days, which is fine. But sometimes don’t you just crave it? I do. Silence rests the soul and the mind. Did you know that scientists say that the same cells that are in your brain can be found in your intestines? It’s true. See what I mean? So, is that why people say they get a “gut feeling”? And, is that why paying your bills each month can be nature’s laxative? I believe so. That's your soul which is intertwined into your spirit, which  is everywhere you are baby!
   Ha Ha, I bet I sound all “New-agey” here, well I’m not! I know that these days being a fundamentalist sounds like a dirty word, but I am very fundamental in my Christianity. Still, I think about these things. No haters please. No scathing posts. If you don’t like my blog don’t read it. Sorry, I am cranky, it is the coughing; I may have just dislodged an eyeball……
     All I am saying is that; all we know, even all the big brains like Einstein and Hawking and the Professor and Mary Ann…no wait sorry…I lost my train of thought….okay, all the collective knowledge of all of humankind could fit into a thimble compared to what is to be known out in God’s vast universe. I do however hold the Bible as the true word of the Creator of the Universe. So, if I believe that animals go to Heaven, and there is nothing in the Bible to disprove that, then I know my little Otis will be waiting for me (my little pug baby we lost a year ago).
    See these are the kinds of things I sit up thinking about late at night. Now add to that this Mutant-Commie-Viral-Invader and my mind just gets ever-so creative. Like for instance; in your life, what has been the best decade so far? Think about it. Is it right now or do you hearken back to the good old days?
      I liked the eighties a lot. Again no nasty posts please. I am not saying I am a Boy-George, or Wham lover. I am just saying I liked that time a lot. I liked the music, I liked that phase of my life, poor and stupid, but happy. Raising our children and Wang-Chunging, and truly feeling with all my heart that it was Hammer-time….
       I am not saying that now is not good too. There is so much beauteous grace all around me. There are so many possibilities. Who knows what God has in store? I trust that there will be spring, and days of golden light. I trust that I will walk in the foamy ocean again at sunset. I like it then, when the waves, pink and gold and silver flow over my feet. I trust that I will get to enjoy the way it looks when I stare up through the bower of wisteria leaves above me in our backyard and the sunlight filters through just right. I think about all the ideas for paintings that I have and I know that I if I am fruitful and busy, I might get through a tiny fraction of them in my life-time. But, alas I am not always so busy or fruitful. Still, now is good.
   Now I get a chance to tell people about Jesus and try as best as I can to mirror the love of God (even in the screaming-baby-check-out line). Now is the moment I am in. It’s all I get for sure, which is kind of suck-y if you are sounding like a cat coughing up a fur-ball. But, it is still okay. Even with a nasty case of Commie-Virus-Mucal-Invaders, I know that life is a gift. I mean, just listen to “Sky Blue and Black”…..P.S. Jesus loves you very much……tee-hee... snuck it in on you! I have to go now. It’s time for more medication.

3 comments:

  1. I would love to know (from my fellow readers/followers' perspective), if you are always so delightfully amusing, or are you just delirious due to the unwelcome invasion of the CVMI or the attack of the random DNA, you so lovingly reference in your blog!? Thanks so much for making me laugh hard enough to wake up my baby seal...bark, bark, cough, cough... and making me wet myself (just a little) as a result. It was worth it! I wonder what your midnight oil will inspire the next time. Can't wait! Hugs from your new fan and prayers that you will be feeling better very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Renee, Of course it is every humor writer's goal to make their readers wet themsevles(even just a little...) Ha Ha...mission accomplished!!!! Much love to you, my new friend! Tonya.

    ReplyDelete