WELCOME TO 4 AND 20 SPARROWS! IT IS A BIT OF BLOGGING GOODNESS JUST FOR YOU...FILLED WITH THE RIDICULOUSNESS OF LIFE, MY RANDOM MUSINGS AND THE KNOWLEDGE THAT GOD IS ALWAYS GOOD! COME IN AND ENJOY!

Monday, February 6, 2012

What Is Real




WHAT IS REAL
A new blog piece usually comes flowing out based on what is happening in your life, or what you are socially aware of and anything about which you wish to express your opinions. I have worked hard to have as few opinions as possible. I only hold to what Jesus said; “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.’ He also said “Love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind and soul, and love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets…”
   It’s really awfully simple. Not a lot of rules or right wing rhetoric, nor left wing whining…Jesus is not a republican or a democrat. Every time someone tried to pull him into the political arena He blew them away with wisdom and love and went on about His business of love, grace and miracles, and all the time preparing, always preparing to go to Jerusalem to his appointed time of His sacrifice of His death on the cross. It was NO surprise to Him, it was why He came into this world. He let nothing sway Him to the right or the left.
  He said plainly what we need to do. Jesus told us that God loved us SO much that He sent His only Son to us! And whoever really believes in Him and His sacrifice will have everlasting life! EVERLASTING… such a better deal than either party offers!
There is SO much false self-esteem floating around right now out there in this old world that you have people that sing like tortured cats auditioning for American Idol because people lied to them throughout their lives and told them they could sing, so as to not hurt and actually build their false self-worth.
Then reality hits and they’re told that they stink! They can’t believe it! No, nooooo! They either cry or are crushed to the point of flinging themselves off of a bridge; or throw embarrassing, filthy mouthed fits and swearing up and down that they are the best there is, and A.I. blew it!!!…”YOU’LL SEE! YOU’LL ALL SEE!!!!” *shakes fist….*throws chairs…
But it is a fabricated bravado and the world is filled with false images and promises and people believe it because the world is scary and they are desperate.
They are hungry to be known for something, to feed their egos and make themselves believe that there is more behind the facade than a scared human being who needs true and divine direction. A human being who needs to let go of all the bravado and fall on their knees and ask the maker of the universe to reach down and forgive them and change them and meet their needs and make them into something truly beautiful and amazing.
   But there is one truth, and it shines; there is one thing to truly hold on to.  The Bible gives Jesus many names; The Door, The Way, The Truth, The Life, The Lion, The Lamb, The King, Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace, Alpha and Omega, and the Rock.
Oh, He is The Rock! We cling to Him; we build our foundation on Him. When things get hard we hide in the cleft of The Rock…
  This blog post is to ask you, do you know Him? Do you really know who He is, and if not, do you want to? He will change your life and your destiny. There is an eternal destiny for everyone. Heaven or hell and we must choose. He paid such a price for us; He took the punishment for our sins and conquered death! I want to say to you that through the good and bad, He is everything, now and for always. And He can be everything in your life too, if you will only ask Him.
Tonya Willman
©2012



 

3 comments:

  1. Thank you, Tonya. I have missed your posts! What an amazingly, powerful entry, my friend! Truth is life...Jesus is Life! You have offered truth and life, even eternal life , through Knowing our Rock! I'm so very thankful that the Lord grabbed my attention like He did 28 years ago, and saved me from myself and the path I was following!

    You have proclaimed the power in His name with great passion! He is our "Everything"! It's hard to imagine doing life any other way. That thought is frightening to me! I pray your readers will take your message to heart and ask the most important question! So thankful that I can say, "I know Him" and know how much He loves each of us in a very personal way: better than we know ourselves! May Your Kingdom expand today, Lord and bless my friend for her faithfulness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jesus is the Great "I Am". Nothing gives me chills more than those two words. They are simple, they are profound. I am the way (follow me), I am the truth (follow me) and I am the light (follow me). No man comes to the Father except through me. Jesus you touched me when I was twelve years old - a little shy girl who wanted to accept you as her Savior, but the church look so big to this little girl and I was frozen in place until you touched me. Your gentle hand place on my shoulder led me past a row full of people and you walked me up front where I accepted you as my Savior. I was touched by the hand of God. And as I grew and made many, many mistakes you stood by me and waited for my return each time. I grew up eventually straight and tall and raised my children to be straight and tall. Dear Lord you are so loved. You bore all of our sin so that we may live life eternally. By your stripes we ARE healed, accept it you are healed, not tomorrow but right now you are healed. Please say it, "I am healed." My heart is overwhelmed with your love. I place my hands out to touch all of my friends and ask for healing for whatever is bothering them. We need to learn to give it over to you. I have so many ways you have led us this week where you showed your presence more than once. So I am trying very hard to let go and let God. Go in God's perfect peace. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Girls!
    Thank you so much for your comments. Dear "anonymous" Sue...I am always so thrilled by your salvation story, it gives me goose bumps. Love you both, and I agree Renee, may each person really ponder over the biggest question in the world, the biggest question ever asked; what will you do with Jesus? What will you do about His sacrifice? Blessings, T.

    ReplyDelete