WELCOME TO 4 AND 20 SPARROWS! IT IS A BIT OF BLOGGING GOODNESS JUST FOR YOU...FILLED WITH THE RIDICULOUSNESS OF LIFE, MY RANDOM MUSINGS AND THE KNOWLEDGE THAT GOD IS ALWAYS GOOD! COME IN AND ENJOY!

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Thank You

As I am building this new site, I realize that all of my slide shows are in sync......hmmm. I like the little slide shows. I can't always control every image that goes into the theme, but no matter. I like all the gadgets and gizmos. I found some more, but they put ads on them. Pffft! So off they came!
It is late and I am sleepily waiting for a pc scan to finish up....(shudd-up all you MAC users!) but I am thinking about all of you out there tonight. My dear friends, old and new. Gold and silver. You are so lovely and shining in my life. I was thinking that I would get myself a 'sad' light this winter because it depresses me so. But I do not believe I will need one. I think the Lord has put you all into my life as my "Sad" light. You just shine to me. Some of you make me laugh so hard I am considering my first depends purchase. And some of you are so profound you make me stand in awe. And then, of course some are both, and you never know when it's coming.
It is like when the light filters down through the trees in the summer, and the breezes bathe me with the scent of the roses and the lilacs. For the first winter in a long time it is not as hard! That is really something. And, I believe that each one of you (and you know who you are) has made that difference. Don't ever think that God does not use your beautiful souls in a million ways!
I know that people joke about Facebook and the other social networking sites, but I believe that they can be used for amazing purposes. The rest we will just have to ignore! (and you know who you are...) *snort*
As a dear friend of mine would say, I love you all to the moon and back. Thank you for supporting this blog. Thank you for making the snow and the slush and the slop easier. If I sit really still and close my eyes...I can feel the golden warmth from each of you flowing around me like a gift from God.

8 comments:

  1. You are a very easy person to love Tonya! I will never forget how you encouraged me to come to those wonderful bible studies with your friends. Not only did I enjoy fellowshipping, it really helped me overcome my social phobia.
    Your wit and humor has certainly helped me thru this dark winter! So lots of love right back at you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, Susanne, you make me cry!!! You are lovely for saying that. I am so glad God brought you into my life. You are one of the sweetest, gentlest people I know. <3 Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe that God hand picks the people in our lives. Some of them bless our socks off, and the rest make us depend on and draw closer to Him, if you catch my drift! Finding you through a mutual friend here on FB was def.a God thing for me Tonya. You have no idea how far your encouragement stretches in my life! On second thought, considering this beautiful post, you probably do fully understand! Each time I read one of your new posts, I enter with excited expectation! What is my new friend going to say today? Thank YOU for brightening our lives!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Renee. What an encourager you are!!! I agree with what you have said...except in reverse!!!! Meeting you is definitely a God thing for me too! Blessings sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it funny how at night, when things are cold outside and there are clouds across the sky, there comes a moment when the clouds break and we see a bright star. We marvel at that star in gratitude for its light, which is a good thing. Yet, in the morning, the black clouds lighten to grey, but we forget that our light, that closest to us, comes up every morning to burn off the fog and clouds. All this is just to say, I see your light, Tonya. I hope you do, too. :-) Love, J-

    ReplyDelete
  6. James...Thank you so much for this wonderful comment. Sorry it has taken me soooo long to respond...I have been out there in the "ether" somewhere. I love you for these great kind words, and they help more than you can know!!! P.S....What a beauteous thing that light....that lovely golden light from on high...T

    ReplyDelete