WELCOME TO 4 AND 20 SPARROWS! IT IS A BIT OF BLOGGING GOODNESS JUST FOR YOU...FILLED WITH THE RIDICULOUSNESS OF LIFE, MY RANDOM MUSINGS AND THE KNOWLEDGE THAT GOD IS ALWAYS GOOD! COME IN AND ENJOY!

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

PRETENTIOUS HAIKU

Here is my very own haiku poetry. I tried to remember the rules from high school. It was just too much effort. As a result, these are my own hyper-pompous versions. They appear to be haiku-like, but it is a hollow sham.  So please to enjoy most honorable Tonya haiku….
Haiku.
Just the thought!
Words wanting meaning
but really, Teflon
  Non-stick
 ideas
    that slip
   away.
*
Old sailor
not salty at all
wrenching desire;
sharing is more needful
than breathing.
Now, just for someone
to hear
the sea
*
Doctors move briskly
paper gowns cold and gaping
put my feet where?
Who should have the right to be this intimate?
Not someone with cold hands
and deli sandwich fallout.
Pearls do not go with
stirrups.
*
A house
full of chirping crickets
each longing to hop away,
each trapped in such a tiny box
what will happen?
Where will these music makers
place their songs
into the world?
where?
*

I wish they moved me
haikus, I mean.
Overly ostentatious praises
but you don’t get it either.
Of course I did them
all wrong
I have lost the remote
it was the only cure.
No rules.
*
Brown shoes should always be avoided
with tuxedos.
There is meanness in a plethora of forks.
I am not saying to give up elegance;
Do not embrace the spork…
Yet swans napkins are NOT hats.
Oh TV tray
you are beautiful.
Such utilitarian
glow.
*

6 comments:

  1. Oh how interesting Tonya! I just learned about Haiku for the first time, just several months ago, during the writers group meeting at my church. I told our arts director that she has created a Haiku monster! I love the three lines, 5 syllable, 7 syllable, 5 syllable rules and the simplicity. It has been a valuable discipline and great therapy for this very wordy writer! Maybe you have just inspired me to share some of mine sometime in the near future. It is often melancholy though.

    Our art director did publish some in the last two editions of our in-house publication that are also available online, as well as another piece I wrote. So exciting to have my writing published anywhere!

    Anyway, I enjoyed yours! You make words do magical things! It is a wonderful gift you have and share with us! Thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol!!!!! These are Faux-kus....if you will. Tonya-kus? No rules...except to make them sound like most honorable goofiness...They do not honor any syllable/line combos....they are ME....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the pearls and stirrups and mean forks! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guess I learned something today I did not know or understand before-still working on the understanding part. Have to do my research as I am not too embarrassed to say I know little of Hakau. Still your words flow like the water across my little waterfall. P3F *It is okay I love, thrive, grow on learning something I did not know before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. P3F
    Friend extraordinaire
    I laugh, she knows things
    Who would ever think
    that I would know
    such Haiku
    worthiness

    ReplyDelete