WELCOME TO 4 AND 20 SPARROWS! IT IS A BIT OF BLOGGING GOODNESS JUST FOR YOU...FILLED WITH THE RIDICULOUSNESS OF LIFE, MY RANDOM MUSINGS AND THE KNOWLEDGE THAT GOD IS ALWAYS GOOD! COME IN AND ENJOY!

Saturday, January 29, 2011

BUYING ICE CREAM WITH YOUR SISTER


How come it’s so far?
Cuz its six blocks away, I already said.
How much farther now?
Oh, shut up! (*sigh)…..
Fine, do you see the gas station sign?
No.
Look! Waaaay down there, it’s that big red and blue Chevron thingy.
Oh yeah…that far, really?
Do you want the ice cream or not?
(*pause)…I want the ice cream…..

Lilly, how come that kid’s pants are so big?
What? I dunno he likes ’em that way; it’s the style I guess.
But, then how come Robert wears his pants tight like skin?
Because it’s his style, there’s lots of styles…sheesh!
Oh…. What’s mine?
What’s your what?
Style, what’s my style?
Annoying…
Well, I don’t think pink shoes and my fuzzy skirt’s annoying.
I think its bee-u-ti-ful.

Well it is annoying, trust me it is, and so are you!
Not!
Yep, you are. See that old lady at the bus stop? Maybe I’ll sell you to her.
More ice cream money for me.

(*sigh) Vanna come on! Stop crying, it was goof, I wouldn’t!
She wouldn’t buy you anyway; you’re too runny now; look at your nose!
I can’t look at my own nose! (*many sniffs)
I mean it’s gross wipe it.
Oh, for cryin’ out loud. Gimme your hand, we gotta cross.
Mom says look both ways.
I KNOW what she says Sa-van-nah, I’m not a moron!
What’s a moron?
You!......You know what? It doesn’t matter; never mind. Look how close we are.
What kinda ice cream do you want?
A fudge-ickle.
For your information they are called “fudgesicles”.
That’s what I just said, fudge-ickle.
Whatever.
What kind are you gettin’?
Not.
What then?
A Coke,
Lilly, mom says that’s too sugary!
“Mom says, Mom says …I can get a Coke if I want.
(*pause)…. then me too. I wanna Coke.
Fine then……
Really? You won’t tell?
Nope. I won’t if you won’t.
‘Um-Kay. (giggles)
Lilly?
Yeah?
Getting’ Cokes with you is fun.
Yeah? Pull up your socks.
Tonya Willman ©2011

2 comments:

  1. This is brilliant, and sweet and just lovely!

    It reminds me of me and my nephew Dylan, me being "Yeah? now zip up your coat!" lol!

    This just made me genuinly smile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you lovely Z! I am so glad it made you smile. These two sisters got stuck in my head, so I finally just listened and wrote it all down, LOL! T~~

    ReplyDelete