WELCOME TO 4 AND 20 SPARROWS! IT IS A BIT OF BLOGGING GOODNESS JUST FOR YOU...FILLED WITH THE RIDICULOUSNESS OF LIFE, MY RANDOM MUSINGS AND THE KNOWLEDGE THAT GOD IS ALWAYS GOOD! COME IN AND ENJOY!

Thursday, September 23, 2010

The delicious unknown

A fat little baby sat on a chair,
his mother had posed him in the garden, fair.
The sun shone bright on his curls so sweet,
dimpled hands clasped, and crossed little feet.
His precious sailor’s suit so bright.
His angel’s smile a ray of light.
A sepia moment frozen in time,
found at a shop for scarcely more than a dime.
Who was the man he'd then grew to become,
a captain of souls or a wretch in the slum?
These aged photos I find of strangers to me,
give me hope when I think of who they could be.
All of life is cause and effect, so they say,
so Then who they became shapes lives to this day.
Who knows, when I study that sweet little face,
if somehow through his history, even I have seen grace.
For good or for bad, he fascinates me……
That beautiful child on his mother’s knee.
Tonya Willman ©2010

2 comments: