WELCOME TO 4 AND 20 SPARROWS! IT IS A BIT OF BLOGGING GOODNESS JUST FOR YOU...FILLED WITH THE RIDICULOUSNESS OF LIFE, MY RANDOM MUSINGS AND THE KNOWLEDGE THAT GOD IS ALWAYS GOOD! COME IN AND ENJOY!

Monday, September 20, 2010

The Light

 “Come to the Light, ‘tis shining for thee,
Sweetly the Light has dawned upon me,
Once I was blind, but now I can see-
The light of the world is Jesus.” ~~~Bliss

    “The night is far spent, the day is at hand therefore let us cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light….put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provisions for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts.” Romans 13: 12, 14

     You are the light Jesus….You are my armor of light! To put you on, as my armor, daily is to shine Your beautiful light on the darkness of the path in front of me, as well as into the dark corners of my mind, soul and spirit.
      Oh shine on me Lord, Fill me up Holy Spirit. Transform me by the renewing of my mind, even my very thoughts.
    Last night’s T.V. was garbage. And even though two were my very favorite shows they both had highly sexual content. I need to know when to turn it off! Forgive me Lord, and renew my mind in this area too.
   I need to protect my mind and body as your temple, for so it is my ‘reasonable service’, my duty to make all of my choices in a way that pleases and honors You. As I live and move and have my being in that armor of Light may I remember:

    My eyes and what I choose to see are Yours.
    My Mouth and what I choose to speak are Yours.
    My hands and what I choose to do are Yours.
    My ears and what I choose to hear are Yours.
    My feet and where I choose to go are Yours.
    My mind and all the thoughts I choose to think are Yours.

“For if we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die, to the Lord. Whether we live or die, we are the Lords.” Romans 14:8

This Light I now live in, and will live in for eternity, Oh it is beautiful. Thank you Jesus, and I am so looking forward to the day that I may see every single color and facet in that beautiful radiance, that is You, that is the Light.
Tonya Willman ©2010

  

No comments:

Post a Comment