WELCOME TO 4 AND 20 SPARROWS! IT IS A BIT OF BLOGGING GOODNESS JUST FOR YOU...FILLED WITH THE RIDICULOUSNESS OF LIFE, MY RANDOM MUSINGS AND THE KNOWLEDGE THAT GOD IS ALWAYS GOOD! COME IN AND ENJOY!

Thursday, September 16, 2010

The River

     Life rushes on, It flows like a river in a swift current. But it doesn’t just flow around sweeping you off your feet and sending you pell-mell, flailing wildly down stream. No, even if you catch your footing and keep your feet anchored to the bedrock, and your head above water, even then it flows through you.
     You feel it in a thousand places every day, deep in your bones and sinews and flooding your mind with thoughts both wanted and unwanted. Sometimes it flows more gently, so that you can take a breath and enjoy the moment of the sunlit reflections and swirling colors. Lots of times it speeds so swiftly around and through you that all you can do is focus on managing the treacherous currents.
     Sometimes, if it’s intentional, drifting can be good. The bright shiny sparkles on it’s surface can be pure bliss. But I hate careless drifting and then losing my footing on the good and blessed bedrock.
     The job given by God is not to flail about uselessly in life’s currents, or paddle about mindlessly in its shallows. But to joyously swim in its cool wide flow, helping others if by chance, you see, they too are struggling against the currents.
   Lord, help me not to be discouraged as life’s currents flow through my body, battering it against the rocks and shores. Help me to trust You for everything in my life until the river flows to it’s final destination, to the beautiful, blessed shores where you wait for me. Amen~
Tonya Willman ©2010

2 comments:

  1. This was a real eye opener for me. I realized I mostly flail about and paddle mindlessly in life's currents. Thank you for so poetically reminding me to trust God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome Susanne. It is how I often feel, and it is good to remind myself of it as well. Tonya~~~

    ReplyDelete